Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· Directory
· Downloads
· FAQ
· Forums
· Search
· Sox_Admin
· Statistics
· Submit News
· Surveys
· Top 10
· Your Account

Sarbox Compliance
The appropriately named Sarbanes-Oxley Compliance Toolkit includes a whole range of materials specifically put together to both introduce, and take you through this most important of legislation.

For detailed information see the toolkit's own website: Sarbanes-Oxley Compliance

SOX Act and Security
As security is such a major theme on the Act, many organizations are using the international ISO standards. The ISO 27001 Portal outlines these. A copy of the standards, and security policies, can be obtained via the ISO 17799 Toolkit.

The SOX email storage requirements can be fulfilled using the GFI MailArchiver

SOX Advertisers

Sarbanes What?
Our server logs indicate some interesting mis-spellings: Sarbannes Oxley, Sorbane Oxley, Sarbanne Oxley, Sarbaines Oxley, Sarbanesoxley, Sorbanes Oxley, Sabanes Oxley, Sarbane Oxley, and Sarbanes Oaxley, to name but a few!

Sarbanes-Oxley Act Forum: Forums

The Sarbanes Oxley Act :: View topic - jsox - educational track
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

jsox - educational track

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Sarbanes Oxley Act Forum Index -> Sarbanes-Oxley Employment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
9er

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:44 pm    Post subject: jsox - educational track Reply with quote

Happy New Year icon_smile.gif,

I'm new to the forum, so please be gentle...

I am a currently a Senior IT Compliance Auditor at a mid sized company with consulting and attest auditing experience.

I have a CS degree, a CISA, and about 6 years of experience.

What other requirements can i be expected to meet? What are your suggestions?

I am very interested in jsox and want the opportunity to audit (attest or internal) a Japanese company. I would prefer to move to Japan, if it is for a permanent position.

Any English information that anyone has in regards to the jsox framework, etc. would be appreciated.

Additionally, if you know of any such opportunities, I would really love to know about them.
View users profile
harrywaldron
SoxGuru
SoxGuru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi and welcome to the forums icon_smile.gif

Some advice that might be applicable can be found here:

http://www.sarbanes-oxley-forum.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=6804#6804

The keys:

* A resume focusing on JSOX as a career path and SOX related skill sets
* Individually tailored cover letters to firms which potentially must adhere to JSOX
* Networking, networking, networking -- Through any type of professional organization meetings or friends, this is your best way to find a job

Good luck to you and hope you succeed with your career aspirations icon_smile.gif
View users profile Visit posters website
calvin
MasterSoxer
MasterSoxer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

May I add Language Skills (Japanese) though its not really a requirement.

Calvin
View users profile
9er

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

harrywaldron,

Thanks for all the input - I currently attend few of my ISACA meetings, but am going to a COBIT event sponsored by ISACA in a few weeks in Pasadena. I am not a member of the IIA, but I think I will see if I can attend their events (ISACA allows non-members to attend for a slightly higher price than the member fees).

calvin,

I don't speak Japanese... I hoped that wouldn't be a requirement, although somehow I knew it would obviously be very benificial.

Thank you for your input, however.
View users profile
jp

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want to seem dumb, but what does "jsox" :?: stand for?
View users profile
harrywaldron
SoxGuru
SoxGuru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi JP - That's a good question icon_smile.gif

JSOX = Japanese implementation of SOX

Please paste to browser and add www
google.com/search?hl=en&q=jsox

Quote:
JSOX are Japanese regulations that mirror somewhat Sarbanes-Oxley
View users profile Visit posters website
meidolala

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the input - I currently attend few of my ISACA meetings, but am going to a COBIT event sponsored by ISACA in a few weeks in Pasadena. I am not a member of the IIA, but I think I will see if I can attend their events (ISACA allows non-members to attend for a slightly higher price than the member fees).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Sarbanes Oxley Act Forum Index -> Sarbanes-Oxley Employment All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: