Has anyone mapped ISO1799 to CoBIT ? 595

• I am in the process of auditing a company that is fully ISO1799 compliant. The controls are very similar to CoBIT and it looks like the best approach is to map or link the framework sections, rather than start the audit from scratch. For example ISO1799 section 10.3 deals with encryption. The corresponding CoBIT section is DS 11.
    Has anyone done or seen a mapping table or something similar other than the Price Waterhouse powerpoint on the ISACA site? :?:
    Thanks

• There is an ISACA document called ‘COBIT Mapping: Mapping of ISO/IEC 17799:2000 with COBIT’

• Thanks a lot.
    I checked ISACA twice and must have missed it.

• Just checked it again to give you the link, unfortunately it’s a member only download. 😞

• No problem. I’m a member. It’s not light reading (154 pages) but so far it looks to be very helpful.
    Thanks again.

• Hi MMorrisey,
    I am also involved in implemeting SOx internally, but never been in touch with COBIT or ISO…
    I am not member of ISACA. Would you agree to share this report by mail in order to get some familiarity…
    Thanks
    cunhaangelina_at_yahoo.com

• Can I get this ISACA document called ‘COBIT Mapping: Mapping of ISO/IEC 17799:2000 with COBIT’??
    Thanks.

• You can download a document I have published some time ago on the ITSMF portal under the cross-reference section.
    This MS Excel document map Cobit, ITIL and ISO17799 all together.
    There is also an ISO17799 audit guideline in the worksheet.
    Martin Dion, CISM
    Certified BS7799 Lead Auditor
    Chief Technology Officer
    Above Security

• Hi Martin,
    Is your spreadsheet still around - I cant seem to find it. Do you have a url?
    regards
    Howard Page
    You can download a document I have published some time ago on the ITSMF portal under the cross-reference section.
    This MS Excel document map Cobit, ITIL and ISO17799 all together.
    There is also an ISO17799 audit guideline in the worksheet.
    Martin Dion, CISM
    Certified BS7799 Lead Auditor
    Chief Technology Officer
    Above Security